Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow (ice,sleet,hail,wintery mix) Day!

Last night I listened to a message on my answering machine from a man claiming to be the head of the Washington Township transportation department. Turns out he is who he says he is- and he gave some wonderful news: No school on Tuesday, February 1. So far, I love February. I stayed up late watching my Monday night shows I usually don't have time to watch until later in the week, and I went to bed very happy. Guess what? I woke up happy too!

Shortly after I awoke, Emma came over for some long overdue collaging. This is what my room looked like after about 10 minutes.


We searched and cut and watched FRIENDS and found inspiration for our collages in the making. It was really great. Emma is really artistic, and she wants to carry out her passion for art in some shape or form throughout her life. I think its so cool that she knows what she's passionate about and that she has big dreams.

We finished some collaging, very successfully might I add, and decided on a couple things for the rest of the day: 1. making the whole day a craft day! 2. going to get Jimmy Johns
I know you might be thinking, wait... after that blog title they still went out just for a sandwich? To answer your question : yes. We did. We walked out of the house to find my car sitting in the driveway, a giant red ice cube. It was crazy! (and slightly sad)

 After a quick run to Michael's for some modge podge and new craft inspiration, we made our way through the 82nd street construction and to Jimmy Johns. it was so worth it. 


When we got back to my room, we didn't waste anytime before we started crafting again. I love crafting. Its relaxing and fun and inspirational and creative. I also love that I have friends that love crafting too. A batch of brownies and several episodes of Friends later, our crafts were complete. 



AND, the snow day fun doesn't even stop there! My mom made us tacos, and then we all played Trivial Pursuit (Junior, because my mom and Emma were a little nervous about the real deal) Board games are really great. Its an opportunity to all gather around the table and play and joke and talk. So great. Today I didn't go to any big parties, or hang out with a bunch of people, or even really leave the house. But today I lived my life well. I spent time with a great friend and my parents. I made the most of a day spent inside, and I had a lot of fun. Oh, and I won the game so that was a plus as well.

This is what I do when I win board games.

Tomorrow is another snow day (yay!) and I don't have any plans yet, but sometimes those are the best kinds of days. Whatever tomorrow brings, whether its just relaxing or something really exciting, I plan on making the most of it. For now I'm just going to eat a brownie, watch more Friends, and listen to Emma laugh at Pheobe, Rachel, Joey, Chandler, Ross, and Monica.

1 comment:

  1. i love crafts.
    i love Friends (the people and the show).
    i love molly.

    ReplyDelete