Monday, February 7, 2011

Choices

Everyday we make choices. We choose what we're going to wear to school. We choose what to eat for breakfast. We choose to spend our time waiting for the fun part, or making life the fun part in itself. Some choices are smaller than others, some are less important, but none the less we choose over and over every day.

Over the last week, I had a really tough choice to make. I felt like no matter what I decided, someone would get hurt. Ultimately I had to choose what I thought would be best for both parties involved, and that choice wasn't easy to make. At all. Choices are hard, and sometimes knowing what the right choice is can be even harder, but over all I am a strong believer in going with your gut and doing what feels right. No, you won't always make the best choice, and yes, you might regret your choice later, but thats what life is about. You chose and then you learn.

As a typically indecisive person, even the smallest of choices are sometimes hard for me to make. This week I've learned that sometimes you just have to do what you feel in your heart (all corniness aside) and make your decision. Yes, a recent choice I made hurt someone. Yes, I currently feel like not all that great of a person, but I am confident that I made the right choice- and for right now, thats all I can ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment