Tuesday, December 6, 2011

"Raise your hand if you did some great ironing!"

This past weekend I got to experience my first ever Mother Daughter Quilt Camp at Camp Tecumseh. It was a weekend of many firsts. First time making a quilt. First time sewing. First time sleeping at Sar's house. First time meeting Katie, Nick, and baby Linc. First time playing with the Hot Chocolate Club. It was the new experience of all new experiences.


Friday after school Sar and I grabbed some milkshakes and made our way to the TLC at camp. We were greeted by a very excited Beth Wright and Brenna Friend, and shortly afterward Annie Fazzio joined us too. I really love her. The anticipation of seeing her had been building up since I last saw her in September, and running up with Sar to attack her with hugs was wonderful.




After some introductions and dinner, we got to work on my first ever quilt. I ironed, Ann pinned fabric, and Sar and Beth sewed. Team work at its finest. After a couple hours of determined work, we headed upstairs for our first meeting with the Hot Chocolate Club girls. We did some name games and got started on some Christmas themed potholder headbands. Perfection. I loved just sitting around with the girls, and talking to and getting to know them. Many of them have been coming to quilt camp for forever, and I was so thrilled they welcomed me into their club.



Saturday was filled with Quilt Camp adventures. We quilted. We did crayon crafts. We ate pizza. We saw Jordan and wrote him love tanks. We took a speedy quick tour of camp and played at the Day Came site (I miss that place). We quilted some more. Before we knew it, it was time for dinner shortly followed by Tangled and then more quilting. I even learned to sew! By around 11pm the team had finished my very first Quilt.



'



Isn't it beautiful? I can't wait to bring it to camp and college. So exciting. A big shout out to Sar, Annie, Beth, and Brenna for helping me with this huge project!




After a trip to the suspension bridge and a visit to some favorite camp people there for Purdue's BGR, we headed to Sarah's to go to bed. Sunday morning started off with a devotion, breakfast, and an intense fame of Mind Meld with Sar and Annie (and Jordan on occasion). I loved sitting there with two of my best friends, and just being able to sit around and spend time with them. I wish it could happen more often.

This weekend was full of great conversations with great friends. I loved every second of being back at my favorite place in the world. Looking forward to getting back to that place for the THIRD CILT REUNION. Let the anticipation begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment