Thursday, December 8, 2011

Wrapping Party

Every year, my family "adopts" a family to give gifts to for Christmas. This year I decided to have the club at school I'm in charge of, All For Children get matched up with a family as a club. Today was the wrapping party.


After school we met in Mrs. Guggy's room to wrap all the presents we had purchased for a mom and her 1 year old daughter, eat snacks, and listen to Christmas music. I loved getting in the Christmas spirit and got so excited about giving all these gifts to our family.




People brought in Target gift cards, new bath towels, and a winter coat for the mom. The daughter will get all kinds of toys, 2 pairs of little cute shoes, and lots of new outfits. I can't wait to see them open the gifts. I loved seeing the stack of presents keep growing as more and more presents were being wrapped.


One of my favorite parts about this time of year is the concept of giving. Though it can be thought of as a selfish time, I think Christmas is one of the most important times of giving back. There are canned food drives and toy drives and caroling at nursing homes and people who adopt families like we did. Its just nice to know that we can all come together, and provide for the people who can't always provide for themselves. Christmas inspires me to give back, and show my appreciation and gratitude for a year of blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment