Tuesday, December 27, 2011

God, Harriet Tubman, and Tinkerbell

Last night I headed over to Col's to hang out and see my long lost college friends. When I got there I headed upstairs to find Col and Kenzie sitting on the bottom bunk catching up on life. I ran to give Kenzie a hug that probably last a few seconds too long but I just really missed that girl. I missed how she tells stories and her hair that gets shorter every time I see her and how genuinely nice she is and how she cares about other people so much. I jumped right in on the conversation and it felt like no time had passed since last summer. 

We headed downstairs for a feast of cookies and shrimp, when Grace walked in the front door. Sometimes you don't even realize how much you missed someone until you see them. Another long hug later I was just so happy to be spending time with these three girls. Grace caught us up on her college stories about roommates and late night studying and the boyfriend and just loving it all so much. Kenzie filled us in on sorority life and being some important job that I can't remember and making new friends and "sisters". Both of them are doing so well and loving life and it was really great to hear about it in person.

Next it was craft time. 



We made our way to the basement to spend the rest of the evening getting creative with canvases and crayons and hot glue and inspirational sayings. We ate pizza and listened to music and watched Grace finish her black and grey masterpiece. 





As per tradition when the four of us are together we played "Who Am I?" where you stick a card with someones name on it to your forehead that the person next to you wrote and ask yes or no questions to figure out who you are. I had the pleasure of being baby Jesus, Michael Jackson, and Maureen Whiting all in one night. Grace's combination of Harriet Tubman, Michelle Obama, and Missy Eliot was probably my favorite.


When I got home, I got to Skype with Ann Fazz just adding to the camp friend excitement! I love talking to Annie and catching up about Christmas and anticipating the next time we will see each other.



I love nights like that. Where you get to catch up with the people you miss and just hang out together and catch up and laugh and its like no time has passed it all. You pick up right where you left off. I think thats one of the special parts about camp friends. We don't always have the privilege of seeing each other often but when we do, nothing has changed. We still love each other and make each other laugh and tease each other and enjoy every second of it. I don't know how I got so lucky to make so many great friends in the past couple years, but I do know I'm really really thankful for it. Thankful for friends to tell things to. Thankful for people who you can count on. Thankful for the opportunities to spend time together, and thankful for knowing these friendships will just keep growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment