Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Tough Stuff

Today was one of those days where attitude can make or break its success. One of those days where you wake up knowing you have more things to do than time you have to do them, and not all of those things are found in the "this is going to be so great!" category. However, with my new attitude towards life in tow I got out of bed ready to do work.

The morning portion of my day was by far the best. I got to go to St. Luke's United Methodist and help out at the Family Fuel service. I started leading dances and songs for the kids at this service with my friend Sarah Adams around a month ago, and I look forward to it more and more every week. I love the kids who come every Sunday and who smile really big and try to all sit next to me at once and dance really energetically, and I love that I get to spend time with kids and talk about God. Two of my favorite things. Dylan comes ever week. He's a really good dancer. And quite the looker might I add.


While I enjoyed Family Fuel, I couldn't help but have my mind on everything else in store for the remainder of the day. I drove home from church only to be greeted with a stack of homework and only an hour until my 4-hour-long choir rehearsal. I decided just to dive right in, and finished three assignments before it was time to leave. 

At choir we choreographed a couple dances and practiced and sweat. A lot.

I returned home made myself some coffee, and got right back down to business. I'm currently taking a break from my extensive amount of weekend homework, but I think that's okay because I've been working really hard.

The point of me going on and on about my not that fun, but very productive day is, well, just that. Not everyday is going to be jam packed of fun things. Not everyday is Saturday. However, sometimes we have to take the time to just get things done. Living life well is just as much about persevering through the hard days with the best attitude possible, as gliding through the easily fun ones. If everyday was easy, the great ones wouldn't stand out as much. I want a life I can be proud of. Whether that means spending time doing the things I love with the people I love, or working hard on my commitments- I want to know that I've given it my all, everyday.

1 comment: