Sunday, January 30, 2011

7 reasons today was so great

1. I began my day with a hair appointment. This was great for two reasons, the first being that I had really really really bad split ends. The second is that I got to spend two hours with my sister, Mckenzie (also my hair stylist). I love Mac a lot, but she works a lot and with both of our busy schedules its rare to be able to spend that amount of time in the same room.

2. My dad and I tried Jason's deli today. My dad and I used to do stuff (especially eat) just the two of us a lot. Since I got my license those times have become extremely rare. It was fun to go to lunch just me and him and talk and joke around. He's pretty cool.

3. I finally took the time to clean out my car today! It was really disgusting. I'm sorry to anyone who has been forced to ride in it the last couple months. But I got down and dirty with Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser, and now Rosita Linda is as good as new....almost.

4. I painted with Sar!

One of my favorite things to do is craft, and when it's with Sar its 10 times better. Our favorite crafting style is to each decorate one of something, and then trade. Today's project was clementine boxes Sarah brought home from her ski weekend in Michigan. I love just lying around in Sar's apartment and listening to music, calling Annie, and laughing.

5. Me and one of my best friend's Emma went to Monon Food Company for dinner! Not only was the food great, but I love any opportunity Emma and I have to hang out. With the combination of Emma's job, not having any classes together, and both of our busy schedules its been hard to find time to spend together recently. Tonight was great because we got to fill each other in on our lives and just be best friends.


6. I love frozen yogurt. Especially the kind you serve yourself. Today I got to eat it TWICE. Once with the two Sars and once with Emma. Both times were so great. At Orange Leaf I loved talking about what order we wash things in the shower and unique ways to be asked to prom. At Huddles Emma and I continued filling each other in about life and admired a cute worker behind the counter. All of this was just so great. (Did i mention today was just a great day?)


7. I got to go Maddie's house! There's always something fun to do at Maddie's house. Tonight we played a new game with her little sister Bridget. Me, Melanie, Maddie, Emma, and Bridge gathered around the dining room table to play The Game of Things. It was so fun! I loved hearing everyone's "thing" for each situation. Some of my favorite catagories were "What thing makes you say AHH?" and "What thing would you wait in line to see?".


Today was a really great day. Probably because, as Sar reminded me several times, its Saturday! But mostly because I spent it with people I really love. This year I've realized that its so important to spend time with the people you really care about. It doesn't matter if you're missing out on what everyone will be talking about at school the next day, or the big event of the weekend. What's important isn't what you're doing, its who your doing it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment