Friday, May 6, 2011

Bloggers Unite

My top 10 rules for life
1. Be nice to your mom. Lets face it, as annoying or over protective or strict or demanding as they might be, they're usually right. Our moms love us. Life is a lot easier when you get along with your mom.
2. Let people cut you in line. So often we feel like we're in such a rush to get everything done that we truck on, leaving no time to think about other people. One of my favorite things is to let someone do something before me; cut in line at the grocery, take the last chocolate donut, anything.  It makes you feel better, it makes them feel better. Win win.
3. Crying is ok. In fact, I encourage it.
4. Stay home from school. No, don't make a habit of it, or do it once a week, but everyone needs a personal day (or a sleep day). Just take one, and move on. School will be fine with out you, and you'll catch back up.
5. You're never too old for play dates.
6. Tell the people you love that you love them often. People like to be reminded.
7. Hand made cards are better. Always. Seriously. When I'm 50 I still want to make my own cards for people's birthdays. This applies for other aspects of life too. Homemade baked goods, presents,  or giving your time beat things you can buy.
8. Always have that one more slice of pizza. Nothing that bad can happen if you do, and you know you'll enjoy it.
9. Laughing is good for you. So, at the rate I'm going, I should be in pretty good shape.
10. Life today well- enjoy the small stuff. Find joy in everyday things. Appreciate the everyday.

Top 10 random things about me
1. I became an aunt at age 8. I now have 2 nephews, a niece, and an it on the way.
2. Sometimes, when I wake up early to shower, I get back in bed after words in my robe and snuggle back under the covers. Its really great.
3. I have been through several periods of obsession with the game Sims 2 (and 3) in my lifetime. Once in 5th grade my friend Hayley and I played for 15 hours straight.
4. I have a tendency to nervous laugh, or normal laugh, when ever i feel awkward or uncomfortable. When words don't come I just laugh.
5. Every night I sleep with 4 stuffed animals and a princess blanket on my bed.
6. I have attended Show Choir Camps of America.
7. One of my favorite things to ship for is office/ school supplies. One time I put office supplies on my Christmas list and got a laminator. It was awesome.
8. I haven't grown since I was 12. I will forever be barely 5 foot 2.
9. Once when I was bored during the summer, I got my dad's razor out of his drawer and shaved my arms. (I'd also like to add this was a long time ago)
10. I want to join the Peace Corps after college

10 unique things I love about camp
1.  Sleeping at the Longhouse and being right next to the flagpole, adding potentially 5 minutes to your sleep in time.
2. Walking across the suspension bridge when everyones shaking it. It still freaks me out.
3. How even when people break their arms and legs and fingers and heads they still want to stay.
4. How at cook outs the boys try to look like they're helping, when they really don't even know how to use the peelers.
5. That moment when you realize someone at camp lives right down the street and you've never seen them before.
6. The way the counselors wear their staff sweatshirts (can't wait to do that this summer!)
7. How no one judges you for eating 12 slices of pizza or an entire basket of rolls with dinner.
8. When all the pathfinder girl's make up comes off after swim checks the first day
9. How even rainy days are the best days ever
10. That moment when 4 cabins are trying to do flies all at once and keep standing their waiting their turn

Want to see the other lists? They are so great!
http://mylife-inlists.blogspot.com/ My Life (In Lists), Michelle
http://livesoverlap.blogspot.com/ Overlap, Sarah Wright
http://yourlifeunfolding.blogspot.com/ As Life Unfolds, Maggie
http://swappedmayforlang.blogspot.com/ A Year Of Joy- Project 365, Mel
http://unwrittendefinition.blogspot.com/ defining life, Sarah Mooney
http://findingjoy.blogspot.com/ finding joy, Alli
http://livelifeincolors.blogspot.com/ Life In Color, Annie
http://joythings.blogspot.com/ Little Things, Big Joy, Soaps

2 comments:

  1. List #2.
    2 - that is literally one of my favorite things to do.
    7 - jealous that you have a laminator

    Love the lists. Can't wait to work with you this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mom thing is such appropriate timing.
    "Just take one, and move on" I'm doing that Monday.
    Play dates and one more piece of pizza are my life with you.
    your poor arms. A girl in my 5th grade class did that.
    Love love love all your camp things. Those are so great.

    ReplyDelete