Monday, March 21, 2011

Best Decision Ever

So I almost didn't go to the Spring CILT reunion... THANK GOD (literally) I DID! It was so great.
I arrived at Camp T a couple hours after the official start, and was greeted by old and new friends I hadn't seen in a while, and a couple from home. The whole drive down I was overflowing with anticipation and excitement. I can't wait to make that drive several more times over the summer.





Something so great about camp is no matter what time of year it is or what CILTS could make it there, it is always a place where I feel 100% comfortable and hopeful and joyful and excited. I can't think of any other place that makes me feel so alive.



Seeing CILTS I don't get so see a lot (and miss a WHOLE lot) was so so so wonderful. We always say how much we wished we lived in the same place, but at the same time, living so far apart makes the chances we get to see each other that much more special, and myself that much more thankful.






Theme dinner was "Remember When This Was Cool?" and filled with clothes and songs of the past (well the past like 17 years at least) I love dressing up and being silly and dancing on my chair and having impromptu dance parties and laughing and when Mags spit out her water on me because Emily's dance moves, and screaming songs as loud as you can, and adding laughter to Our Song, and sitting in circles. Camp meals are the best.








What was super great about this weekend, is it gave everyone a great opportunity to get away from real life, talk to some great people about not so great things that might be happening or that they are dealing with, and knowing that everyone in the circle on the CAC floor is there for you. They all love you. They all want you to be happy. They all want you to be and feel loved. Looking around the circle at devotions Saturday night, I saw tears and vulnerability and friendship. I saw hugs and hands holding. I saw so much love. God had us all there together this weekend for a reason. The CILTS are part of my plan, and I can't thank God enough for putting these people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment