Saturday, April 28, 2012

Today I miss camp

With 44 days until I head back to Tecumseh, I just cant put off an "I love camp so much and i just wanna go back right now, why can't school just be over" post anymore.



Although I miss camp pretty much all year round, there are days when I would give anything to be back in that place with those people playing with those kids and living the dream.


Today I miss carrying around a bubble wand everywhere I go. I miss one piece bathing suits and photo shoots at the lake during staff training. I miss laying on lake road and just talking. I miss dancing around the CAC with 5 year olds and giving piggy back rides. I miss finding out who your partner will be for the week and sitting through a planning meeting with the anticipation of having the best week ever with 10 new kids. I miss standing on my chair and singing as loud as I can and having T Swift dance parties. I miss Friday night campfire and feeling so close to the cabin of girls you just met a week before.


Before camp comes I have graduation and grad dance and graduation parties and a billion things to do, but I think right now all of that stuff seems incomparable to the summer I know is ahead of me. Maybe thats a bad way of looking at it, but today is just one of those get me to camp right now kinda days.

I asked some friends what they are looking forward to most about this summer, here's what they said:

Listening to kids sing the burrito song- Alli K.

Everything! Meeting new people, connecting with campers, getting to wear a blue staff polo, new camp trends, saying the DC cheer at closing campfire- Sarah D.


Spending every day with my best friends and getting to act all goofy and everyone being goofy with me! - Lizzy D.

Fourth of July fireworks and seeing campers from last year- Annie D.


The little kids! Chapel! Seeing Molly everyday! Everything!- Julie L.

Spending it with my best friends, HAVING A GREAT DAY, the love from campers- Colleen W.


Devotions and nights off- Maggie S.

Playing with kids all day everyday, spooning on weekends- Annie F.


I can't wait to live in the Longhouse with some of the best counselors I've ever worked with and to build friendships with CILT girls all summer long. I love heart to hearts and dance parties, devotions and adventures with the river kids, lake time and campfires. It really is heaven on Earth- Sarah W.

There's just so much to be excited about. Its just really great to get to go to a place where everyone is so excited about being there and more importantly, being there together. Where people love each other and love the kids and love life. Today I just  really miss camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment