Thursday, August 11, 2011

On Returning

So, Camp Tecumseh is real great. Don't think I could ever say those words enough. It is quite possibly the greatest place in the world, and most definitely the greatest place in my world. With that being said, as the summer comes to a close I'm having trouble squeezing my way back into real life.

For a whole 2 months of my life it was like time stopped. Where for those 2 months the biggest worries I had were getting all my day camp awards finished and trying to get to bed earlier. Now, as I find myself thrown back into the real world with real problems and real worries and real things to get done, I'm a little less than motivated. While I think this is a somewhat normal reaction, I want things to be different.

Although I'm no longer at camp, I want my "camp self" to be apart of my everyday life. I want the same enthusiasm. I want the same positivity. I want the same willingness to learn and get things done. So, while this adjustment back into real life has been anything but easy, it has to happen. And since it has to happen, I want these next 10 months before i go back to that place to really count. To really mean something. And to be more than just a countdown until the good life starts again. I want this to be just another version of the good life.

I want to love God the way I do at camp. I want to love others with the same intensity. I want to help people and put myself third. Most importantly I just want to be happy about living, no matter where I have to do it.

1 comment: